By playing in Trešnjober we listen to each other, hear each other, enjoy, observe, recognize, learn, create. The programs that are implemented in the institution are in accordance with The Foundations of the Preschool Program and are organized within three mutually connected units:
- Child Care Program for children aged 1-3 years
- Preschool Education for children aged 3-5.5 years
- Preparatory Preschool Program for children aged 5.5-7 years
In our work with children we apply Model A, which gravitates toward the open system of education and action program development in accordance with children’s interests. Preschool teachers and children in our institution are free to be guided by thematic planning or project-based learning, according to their affinities. In contrast to the traditional approach, which ascribes the central role in planning and realization of activities to the preschool teacher, thematic planning and project-based learning are based on respecting the interests and needs of children as well as their active participation in all stages of educational work (planning, preparation, realization and evaluation).
At all the abovementioned levels of child-care and education process (nursery, kindergarten, preparatory preschool program), our institution carries out the following projects that are implemented through workshops and age-and-potential-appropriate activities:
Fine Speech School – aims at instigating the harmony of thoughts, emotions and speech, cultivation of creative thinking, development of ability to listen, observe and imagine;
Bonton School – in which we cherish good manners, stimulate self-confidence and develop empathy;
Sports School – realized in cooperation with a PE associate, whose main aim is to develop motor skills, sport spirit and cooperation. .
The following special programs are implemented in kindergarten and preparatory preschool program groups:
- English Language Course
- French Language Course
- Dance & Rhythmics School
. Occasional programs that are organized every year are the following:
– Educational outings, wintertime excursions, summertime excursions
– Pyjamas Party – where children sleep over in the kindergarten and enjoy the party, night cinema and many other surprises and thus strengthen the existing relationships and build new ones with their friends and preschool teachers.
– Theater plays, costume balls
– Final shows organized in honor of our preschoolers at which we dance, sing, act, paint and share with the parents some pieces of the atmosphere which lives at our place throughout the year.